Heali Goals: Shifting The Wellness Mindset
How we can ALL make a difference together!
HEALI is committed to helping communities improve HEALTH and WELLNESS by supporting charities that improve Mental Health and/or Physical Well-being
Why Heali Cares
Mental Illness – Did You Know?
- Everyone has mental health and will experience challenges regarding their mental well-being, but not everyone will experience a mental illness.
- Mental illness indirectly affects all people at some time either through their own experience, or that of a family member, friend or colleague.
- In any given year, 1 in 5 people in North America will personally experience a mental health problem or illness.
- By age 40, about 50% of the population will have or have had a mental illness.
- Mental illness affects people of all ages, education, income levels, and cultures; however, systemic inequalities such as racism, poverty, homelessness, discrimination, colonial and gender-based violence, among others, can worsen mental health and symptoms of mental illness, especially if mental health supports are difficult to access.
Physically Worth It!
- Physical Activity is one of the best things people can do to improve their health. It is vital for healthy aging and can reduce the burden of chronic diseases and prevent early death.
- Active people generally live longer and are at less risk for serious health problems like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and some cancers.
- In the US -Only 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 5 high school students fully meet physical activity guidelines for aerobic and muscle- strengthening activities.
- In the US - About 31 million adults aged 50 or older are inactive, meaning they get no physical activity beyond that of daily living
- Worldwide rehabilitation needs are growing in tandem with global population growth, population aging, and higher survival rates for people with severe health conditions and disability
Help Us Spread The Word And Shift The Awareness Towards Helping Others Get Healthy.
You can help support by shopping! Every purchase makes an impact.
A portion of all HEALI sales go towards supporting like-minded charities to bring about a global shift towards overall health
Heali was inspired to donate to Team “I WILL”, one of Toronto’s fastest growing charities. Team “I WILL” is a local community of inspirational people who came together to break barriers, provide support through motivation and raise funds for the UHN Foundation, the largest rehabilitation hospital in Canada. The UHN Toronto Rehabilitation Institute helps people overcome the challenges of disabling injury, illness or age-related health conditions to live active, healthier and more independent lives.